Why learn a new language? Though the benefits are endless, here are just a few of the most important:
Personal benefits of learning a new language:
- You become smarter. Speaking a second language helps improve the brain’s functionality, which has benefits on decision making skills, too.
- You become healthier. People who speak a second language are less likely to develop early onset dementia or Alzheimer’s, and have a better memory.
- You’ll make new friends, and meet new people. Not only in your social circle, but speaking the language when travelling really helps you get a feel for the place you visit.
Business related benefits of learning a new language:
- Open your company to a new market. Spain and South America are big markets and offer great potential for a variety of fields.
- People are more likely to buy from someone who speaks their language. We like to know what we’re getting!
- It shows you’ve made an effort to establish a connection with them, this shows trust and dedication.
But why Spanish? There are so many reasons, but here are some of our favourites:
- There are nearly 470 million native Spanish
- It’s the second biggest language in terms of native speakers, right after Mandarin Chinese (not English, like most people think!).
- 9% of internet users communicate in Spanish.
- More than 41 million people in the USA are native Spanish speakers.
- Putting your advert in Spanish will increase its impact by 30% in the USA.
- It’s a beautiful language, and a beautiful place!